Nothing is as sweet as having the best exhaust for C6 corvette that is perfect and reliable by combining pure artistry with ultimate delivery. At the center of any performing car lies the exhaust system. So, if you need the best exhaust for C6 Corvette, we’ve got you covered.
If neglected, a faulty exhaust can cause damage to other parts of your vehicle. Finding the perfect one for your car could be challenging because of the different available models.
Fortunately, our in-depth guide will help you decide on the best one.
Inside this article, we’ve provided a comprehensive list of the best exhausts for C6 corvettes.
Besides the different types, you’ll know the things to look out for before buying. Also, the frequently asked question sections will be of great help to you.
What is The Best Exhaust For C6 Corvette?
After careful consideration, Borla 140039 is the best exhaust for the C6 corvette. Due to its excellent and massive features, it is the best-rated so far. Talking about durability, this model can last for a long time.
Why Borla 140017 is The Best Brand For Flowing Chevy Exhaust Manifolds?
Borla 140017 is the best brand for flowing chevy exhaust manifolds because of its lifespan and performance.
Comparison Table of Best Exhaust For C6 Corvette
9 Best Exhaust For C6 Corvette Reviews
01. Borla 140039 cat back system exhaust – Best Exhaust with Ultimate Performance
- Multiple core technology
- Top-notch with long engine life
- Aircraft quality stainless steel
- Excellent craftsmanship for ultimate performance
- Includes split rear exit double oval rolled angle-cut tip
Borla 140039 cat back system exhaust is a powerful system to consider for your c6 corvette.
They’re many reasons why it stands as the best-rated so far.
First, it is highly durable and can last under utmost situations. That is because it comes with corrosion-resistant aircraft standards.
And, they will be a decrease in fatigue sustained during the high-performance operation.
Luckily, this product uses patented linear-through and multiple-core technology. As such, it helps increase horsepower and torque.
With its stainless steel making, this unique exhaust version will still look new after millions of miles.
Thanks to the quality material used, you’ll get a longer engine life. Also, it is precision fit and quite distinct from other versions in its category.
Besides the aircraft quality stainless steel, it comes with a cut end exit double oval rolled angle-cut tip.
Due to its high-quality materials and artistry, you’ll get the ultimate performance.
Those who are allergic to loud noise can opt for this model because the sound is mellow. Most importantly, you can install it easily using a lift.
02. Corsa 14169 – Best axle-back exhaust for C6 corvette
- Double-walled make-up to guard against heat distortion
- Premium stainless steel build
- Clamp-on tip design
- Well-fitted Corsa performance tip kits
- Adorned with high definition
Firstly, the Corza 14169 design fits 2005-2008 C6 corvettes. So, for any other c6 corvette, you’ll have to try another model.
For those looking for a high-performance exhaust unit, this version is the ideal one for you. Also, you’ll get an increase in delivery with an aggressive sound.
Further, this model boasts of a 35% airflow increase. And it has about 12 additional horsepower.
In terms of torque, it has about 13ft per lbs combined with an adjustable aggressive sound. For loudness, it has an intense and extra threatened note. Fortunately, it doesn’t drone on the highway.
Made of stainless steel, Corza 14169 is built to last. With its double-walled design, the exhaust gets protection from heat distortion.
Thus, it is a perfect buy if you want durability.
Most importantly, you’ll be able to customize your exhaust unit using the clamp-on tip design. With the design, it’s possible to change the exhaust tips and the nature of your car.
Corza 14169 furnishing is with a high definition, and accurately laser inscribed Corza logo.
03. Borla 140017 ‘S-Type’ – Best Cat-Back system exhaust
- Made of Corrosion resistant aircraft quality
- Multi-core technology
- Accurately designed using aircraft quality stainless steel
- It comes with a split rear exit with a single round rolled angle-cut phantom tip
- Fits 2001 corvette Z06
Borla 140039 cat back system exhaust is a powerful high-performance unit to purchase for your C6 corvette.
You’ll get to know why this system is the best-rated so far.
First, you cannot compromise on its durability as it can last under extreme situations. That is possible because it comes with corrosion-resistant aircraft standards. And fatigue gotten from the high-performance operation will reduce.
Fortunately, this model uses patented straight-through and multiple-core technology. Thus, they will be an increase in horsepower and torque.
Further, it is precision manufactured using aircraft quality stainless steel. For that, the system will still look new after millions of miles.
Moreover, you’ll get more power and torque with this model. Borla T-304 is a precision fit and has longer engine life compared to other models.
Many enthusiasts all over the world recognize Borla because of its powerful sound.
04. Borla 11815 ‘S-Type’ 11 – Best ‘S-Type’ for C6 corvette
- 300 series stainless steel
- Designed for a Corv C6 2005-2008
- Features four-inch round angle cut tips with rolled edges
- Increased fuel economy
- Patented and multiple-core technology
If you want an exhaust system that is fit for 2005-2008 corvettes, try Borla 11815.
Features include four-inch round table cut tips with rolled edges. And it is made entirely from 300 series stainless steel.
Two things make this model stand out from others: sound and fuel economization. Borla’s fuel economy is possible due to its patented and award-winning technology.
Borla claims that its design is for zero drones. Due to its high flow technology, there is increased performance.
In terms of sound, this model changes the note of the corvette c6 unit. Anytime you push the throttle, the sound of this model becomes loud enough. To be sincere, Borla 11815 has a guarantee to be emission legal in all 50 states.
05. Corsa 14164 Axle-Back Exhaust system
- Dual-walled design
- Premium stainless steel construction
- Clamp-on tip design
- Performance tip kits
- Adorned laser engraved Corza logo
Truly, Corza 14164 is one of the best exhausts for c6 corvette available. Fitment is perfect, and everything comes out unique. Styled specifically to fit the model of your car, this model is excellent.
With its double-walled design, there’s protection against distortion. Corza 14164 has premium stainless steel making. Thus, this version is highly durable.
Also, its design is to increase car performance delivering an aggressive sound while accelerating. Another feature to consider is the clamp-on tip designs to enable you to customize your exhaust unit.
And you’ll be able to adjust your exhaust tips, sound, and the nature of your car.
Corza 14164 design is of high definition, and accurately laser inscribed Corza logo. Note that performance gain does not affect sound choice.
06. Hooker Axle-Back C6 corvette
- Quality welds
- Tube geometry design
- Uses factory mounting points
- It gives an aggressive exhaust note
- 18-gauge lightweight
Another high-quality exhaust system for c6 corvettes worth investing in is the Hooker Axle-back. As one of the best without any drawbacks, it comes with unique features.
Designed by Hooker, this model fits all 2005-2006 c6 corvettes. One unique feature is its quality welds, which provide strength, longevity, and good looks.
Hooker is made of lightweight 18-gauge and 304 stainless steel material to maximize strength and durability. Some of the strongest cars on earth use Hooker headers.
Also, Hooker produces an aggressive exhaust note under acceleration and a pleasing sound at idle. With its tube geometry design, there’s utmost ground passage and stress-free installation.
Above all, this model uses factory mounting points for easy installation.
07. Borla 11744 corvette Cat-Back exhaust system
- Made of Corrosion resistant aircraft quality
- Multi-core technology
- Accurately designed using aircraft quality stainless steel
- It has a split rear exit with a single round rolled angle-cut tip
Borla 11744 cat-back system exhaust is the perfect unit to buy for your c6 corvette.
You’ll get to know why this system is loved and admired by many.
First, it comes with durable materials to make it last under utmost conditions. And that is due to its corrosion-resistant aircraft making. Meanwhile, there’ll be a reduction in fatigue arising from high performance.
Just like other Borla models, it uses patented straight-through and multi-core technology. As such, they’ll be an increase in horsepower and torque.
Another unique thing is that this version is precision manufactured using aircraft quality stainless.
Therefore, it will offer your system a new look after millions of miles. Borla 11744 model has more power and torque, and it is a precision fit with prolonged engine life.
Many enthusiasts all over the world recognize Borla because of its outstanding powerful sound.
08. Borla 11822 Exhaust Rear Section
- Dual round rolled angle-cut
- Permissible carbon emissions
- Stainless steel 301 series
- Round tips: Four 4.25 inch
Borla has invented a new overwhelming technology to help engineers provide unrivaled distinct vehicle dominance.
And that will be over the audible note of exhaust all through the RPM Series.
Known as ATAK (Acoustically-Tuned Applied Kinetics), this recent technology gives the highest decibel ranges.
As such, they make it for high-performance perfectionists that look for exhaust notes instead of stereos.
ATAK’s concern is to inflate the volume without sacrificing the clarity of sound. Also, it helps avoid distortion usually seen in louder exhausts.
Even on the highway, this model controls resonance. With Borla 11822, you’ll get excellent volume output.
So, if you want to get the loudest sound in mind, buy Borla ATAK.
09. SLP 31077 Loud Mouth exhausts system
- Fits 2005-2008 c6 corvettes
- Hand-crafted from 304 stainless
- Modular design
- Simple bolt-on installation
- Polished 3.5” double-split round tips
If you want to improve the sound of your car, buy SLP 31077 corvette exhaust.
With this model, you’ll get about 12 additional horsepower. Also, it offers the rich and powerful tone that your vehicle deserves.
SLP 31077 has polished stainless resonators, which is the brain behind its sound and performance. Another feature is its 3.5” double split round tips, which provide the ultimate corvette look.
Moreover, the modular design provides maneuverability to adjust to a quieter SLP bullet-style muffler. Most importantly, the remaining exhaust is hand-crafted from 2.5” 304 stainless steel. Therefore, you’ll get the durability you desire.
Finally, this model fits the 2009-2013 C6 corvettes.
Types of Exhaust Systems
Before buying an exhaust system, you need to know the different types. Below are the three available types:
Depending on the model of your car, it comes with a unique type of muffler. A cat-back exhaust system is preferable due to its excellent performance. Thus, it is well-loved by experts, likewise beginners.
In terms of looks, this system is not different from a factory-fitted model. But, that doesn’t mean that it performs the same way.
Talking about efficiency, they don’t seem like the most efficient ones out there. And that is because they produce deep sound. Because of its affordability, they attract more customers.
These systems are mostly single-piece with a header collector at the beginning and tailpipes at the end. Header-back is a full package because it will replace the entire component of your factory-fitted car.
Due to its simple design and installation, it is admired by many.
Buying Guide of Best Exhaust For C6 Corvette
Sometimes, it may be hard to find the right exhaust system for your c6 corvette. That is because your option might differ depending on what you want most.
Read our buying guide to enable you to decide on the best exhaust for c6 corvette.
During your search for a high-quality exhaust, prices might range depending on the models.
In that case, you have to set a budget to avoid overspending. You can still find high-quality models that will meet your expectations at affordable prices.
Most exhaust systems design are for specific vehicles, so you have to be careful. Check properly to know the one that is compatible with your car to avoid any regrets.
Each exhaust system produces various sounds and performances. For some, you’ll get an aggressive/loud tone while others offer a mild one. Due to the sound of your car, many people can recognize you when you’re approaching.
You have to consider the material that your exhaust comes with to ensure its durability. Some exhaust systems have stainless or mild steel making.
A stainless steel model ensures durability, likewise prevention from rust and corrosion.
And it will last longer than other versions in its category. Even though the stainless steel is pricey, it adds value to your unit.
On the other hand, medium stainless steel is not too expensive. For that reason, many people are opting for it. But note that it won’t last for long as it might corrode or rust anytime.
Another crucial thing to consider is the built of your exhaust system. The one that comes from your manufacturer differs from the one you purchase later. A factory-fitted model comes with pipes to curtail the actual in-flow and out-flow.
Most exhaust systems are single or double. So, a single exhaust system is preferred because it produces a louder sound. Also, it comes with one modular and exhaust pipe.
Double exhaust cars don’t offer excellent performance. Yet, they’re the number one choice for vehicle enthusiasts. That is because they change the look of vehicles making owners neglect performance.
With an exhaust system, you can add additional style to your car. Single exhaust systems provide enormous torque and power.
They come with a standard rear exit to offer a unique look to your vehicle.
On the other hand, a dual exit system offers enormous strength and torque. Also, it comes with two mufflers, an exhaust pipe, and tips. So, you can decide on the one to choose to add style to your vehicle.
WH Questions of C6 Corvette Exhaust System
Whenever you want to purchase a new exhaust system, lots of questions might run through your mind. Sometimes, you may not be at peace until you find answers to your questions.
When you finally get the answers, you might stop searching. Below are some frequently asked questions from customers.
Is it worth buying a corvette?
Bear in mind that corvettes are good cars and a good investment. You don’t have to purchase an expensive one as their classic ones at affordable rates. So, a corvette is worth buying.
Can a C6 corvette exhaust fit a C5 corvette?
We may not advise you to try using a C6 corvette exhaust for a C5. That is because it may not fit tightly due to mismatching of ports. In short, a C6 corvette will not match a C5, except you want your system to undergo modification.
How can I remove my C6 corvette exhaust?
Removing a C6 corvette exhaust is not too difficult. So, follow the following steps carefully.
- Remove the nuts connecting the H-pipe to the cat
- Unscrew the pipe clamps connecting the H-pipe to the over-axle pipe
- Push the H-pipe further to release it from the over-axle pipe
- Push the mufflers onward until you release the mounting hangers
- Empty the axle pipes from the axles
If you don’t succeed with the steps explained above, contact a professional to do it for you.
Should I change the whole exhaust system when changing an exhaust?
You don’t need to change the entire unit. Just replace the part you want.
Why are some exhaust systems more expensive?
Exhaust systems are expensive because of some factors. For high-quality stainless steel that comes with extra units or accessories, it will be more expensive. Even more, a system that has quality mufflers with a long life span is bound to cost higher.
Should I expect great sound from an aftermarket exhaust system?
You may find an aftermarket exhaust system that offers deep sound, but it is rare. The sound output of any system determines its cost.
Will any exhaust system fit my vehicle?
No! Though there’re universal units that may fit many cars. In short, many exhaust type designs are for specific vehicle models. So, try and check for the compatibility of your car before buying and exhaust.
An exhaust system is one of the most vital parts of a car. All vehicles come with one that may not satisfy the owner, thereby resulting in a replacement. Exhausts could damage due to road bumps or accidents.
Choosing the best exhaust system for your car depends on the qualities the previous one was lacking. In this review, you’ll find the best exhaust in terms of engine performance. Also, there’re the ones with good sound quality combined with ultimate delivery.
Whatever the case, this review will help you decide on the best exhaust for C6 corvette.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Dual walled design protects against heat distortion
- Adorned with high definition, precision laser engraved CORSA logo
- CORSA Performance tip kits are designed to fit directly to CORSA exhaust systems
- Premium Stainless Steel Construction
- Clamp-On Tip Design
- Made of corrosion resistant aircraft quality stainless steel which decreases the fatigue incurred on these parts during high performance uses
- BORLA uses patented straight-through and multi-core technology to help increase horsepower and torque.
- Precision manufactured using aircraft-quality stainless steel, guaranteed to look like new for one million miles.
- Includes a split rear exit dual round rolled angle-cut tip
- Corvette LS3 2009-2013
- Constructed entirely from stainless steel
- Hand-polished mufflers and tips provide a show quality appearance
- Product type :AUTO PART
- Package dimensions :112.521 cm L x54.355 cm W x28.956 cm H
- country of origin :United States
- package weight :42.0lbs
- High-quality Stainless Steel: This exhaust manifold has premium quality, made of high-strength polished stainless steel, through an advanced welding process, it features with maximum durability and rigidity, which assured the best performance of your vehicle.
- Excellent Performance: Completely welded to against cracking and wearing under high pressure and temperature. Exhaust header collects exhaust gases from multiple cylinders into one pipe. Headers provide each cylinder with its mini exhaust pipe to prevent interference among cylinders.
- Precise Dimension: It has a lightweight design. CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction. Such a universal size of LS Swap S10 conversion headers is designed for easy replacement and installation. Convenient to modify and adjust.
- Easy to Install & Use: Gaskets, bolts, and screws are included in the package, and two sets of exhaust headers can put more power through the wheels to push the vehicle. With bolt-on design easy to replace the original headers. For DIY fitment, modifications will be needed, professional installation is highly recommended.
- Direct Fitment: These headers are designed for Universal LS Swap S10 Conversion Headers (LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS Engines) Truck & SUV, capable of adding instant horsepower and increasing torque to the engine of your car.
- Fit type: Fits 05-08 Chevrolet Corvette
- Package Dimensions: 165.1 L x 33.02 H x 50.8 W (centimeters)
- Made in United States
- Package Weight : 75.0 pounds